little bit handmade, little bit creative, little bit beautiful, little bit inspiring, little bit ramblings, ... little basket full of life

Saturday, November 14, 2009

I feel an exciting change in the wind....




I always loved the song by Ella Fitzgerald -"A Little Yellow basket" (although not one of her most famous but was always dear to my heart) and knew that whenever I came around to starting up whatever creative "thing/store/company" that I would call it Little Yellow Basket. I has been in my head for a while now, always thinking up new idea's of what I could make, being a stay-at home Momma....
I will tell you a cute story that made me push to take a leap of faith and how this little hobby of craftiness became "Little Yellow Basket Designs"......
I was walking around downtown looking for supplies for different craft's, feather's, button's, needle felting supplies, wool and such. Feeling rather discouraged at leaving every shop that I tried and not find the perfect stuff, I started to walk towards were I parked my car to go home and sulk and give up on my thought of actually making and selling clips and such...... I cross the street on a whim, thinking about maybe one more shop and what should be playing outside on a store's speaker's.... Ella's sweet voice calling me to carry on "A tisket, a tasket... A Little Yellow Basket" Goose bumps and all my dear friends. This was a sign! So on I went with a happy heart and I swear ever thing has just been falling into my lap with ease. This was meant to be and it is so wonderful. I just LOVE making my little clips, as each one is so unique and everyone I actually just want to keep for myself. You know it's a good sign and that other's will like them when it is hard to part with them!
So I am happy to say that I have been invited to go to a Christmas craft fair in Victoria by a local super trendy shop. If you live in Victoria, come on by Dec.1-3
Noel Bazaar 2009
Tuesday December 1st 5-9 pm
Wednesday December 2nd 2-9 pm
Thursday December 3rd 2-9 pm
Where: Victoria Event Center 1415 Broad Street above Coastline Sport's)

And today while just visiting a local craft fair, a lovely lady at a booth loved my new feather hair bands I made and commented on them and asked were I bought them, I told her my story and now this lovely local shop with beautiful stuff is wanting to have Little Yellow Basket product's! Go check us out at Lotus Designs Boutique in the Bay Center starting Dec.1st! Their shop will be near the Government St. Entrance

I have also been working like a crazy bee getting my Etsy shop up and running too. So if you can't make it to any local shop's, go check it out!

Ohhhh the star's are aligning alright!

No comments: