little bit handmade, little bit creative, little bit beautiful, little bit inspiring, little bit ramblings, ... little basket full of life

Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday musing: Up to my eyeball's in paint chips

 So I am lost in the sea of decorating.... I have FINALLY picked out all the paint color's that I want for the house. Stay tuned for some very pretty color's!

It has been busy at my little country home. I will make up for the lack of posting for the past week for an epic long one....
We have been doing lot's, yet it has been relaxed...Well for the most part....
My sister has finally moved into the other house on the property, but it was a bit crazy with all 6 kids in the house while they were moving and cleaning and organizing everything. Everyone was sleeping here, that was 10 bodies in the one house!!!!
We did get into a good family "groove"  and eating all together was really nice. The house seems so quiet with only 5 people in it?! One con of having so many bodies in one house, when 1 kids get's sick all the kids get sick. We are finally getting over a nasty flu that took over the house last week that stopped us from being able to visit a bunch of friends in Victoria the past weekend... Boo hoo :(

I do love that my sister is only a 1 minute walk just across the property, the kids crave every morning going outside and playing with their cousins.

-Neal has been busy finishing off my walk in closet. My hubby is so talented!

-I had a lovely visit from a dear friend that I have not seen in a very long time. She now lives only  30 minutes away. I got to met her cute son Rupert too! I love that I get to know another Rupe, he is just as adorable as my brother Rupert was.
She brought me some beautiful flower's and I got to put my mason jar's to good use!

 - It's funny, I have charged my hair a lot lately.  I think I should do a post of all my different hairstyles.
Today's hairstyle is brought to you by.......
                                       Posh Spice, Mrs.Victoria Beckham
Here is my new do..... I am saving a fortune on the amount of shampoo and conditioner I do not use with my shorter hair.... MILLION'S! I wake up with perfect bed hair that look's sexy and all I do is flat iron the front a bit, add some styling product and voila!
 - These puppies has been my addiction.... Caramel apple spice...Thanks to my sister bringing one over one night, it has been my daily craving. Starbuck's made her addicted but they cost a lot if you want as many as we do. I have crafty and spend thrift sister..... we make our own!
                                                 I know, genius. You can thank her later.
Put a little caramel syrup on the bottom of the cup, put the apple spice mix on top. Fill with hot water, stir, add copious amount's of whipping cream and finish off with a drizzle of caramel. SO GOOD!

- I was feeling a little bit un-inspired lately. So I got out my inspiration journal. I usually keep one through the year, ripping out pictures of magazines that grab me. Collage's, pictures of beauty, style, a quote that really resonated with me. Spoke to "my soul".... Future goal's (one of which is to have a sit down dinner once a week with my sister and family), crafting idea's that have been floating around in my head, daily affirmation's, a place to put my favorite things in so when I am feeling down or un-inspired I just open it and feel better. I highly recommend everyone try it. It is so relaxing, get's the creative  juices flowing and it is FUN!

- It has been so hot and gorgeous out lately. We got out the kiddie pool and let them go wild...
- I finally have a sink big enough to wash a baby in. I have picture's of me being bathed in the sink, and I really wanted to get one of London before she tuned 4, LOL..... Like my little guy Roman who is turn's 4 on May.4th!!! I can't believe it?!
What is crazy is that for a little bit right now, I have a 1 year old, 2 year old and a 3 year old....
Me - circa 1982, rocking in the sink...
           La la enjoying her sink time.... Then Bella thought she would join along too!
                 Then Esme saw what fun they were having and wanted to join in as well!

Well I think I have covered this past week and a bit, man, that was a lot....Happy Monday all!
 xoxo Lexylou

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, i LOVE your hair! Looks great on you!

And i love that you live by your sister! That would be a dream. My husband's aunt kk & aunt paula (who are sisters) live on the same property just like that. They both have my dream houses LOL. We always have the holidays/reunions at one house or the other. They have kids, too but didn't move there until the kids were near grown. So it's neat that yours will be growing up together like that! :)

Colin and Sarah said...

Amazing and wonderful post! Love love love your new haircut! soooo cute! Flowers look beautiful in your mason jars! We had such a nice visit with you guys! can't wait to do it again... next time we'll bring along Colin! Love the pics of the girlies in the sink! such precious memories!

Olivia Carter said...

Love the hair! Wish I could rock straight out of bed hair. Doesn't matter the haircut on me I look like death!

Those apple caramel things look divine.

And I love that your sink is big enough for both your babies! So cute!

Gina said...

I'm determined to grow my hair out while I'm pregnant but I am tempted to steal that cute style! Love it!!

BuenoBueno said...

love what you did with your mason jars! and your hair is so cute!!!
xo
b