little bit handmade, little bit creative, little bit beautiful, little bit inspiring, little bit ramblings, ... little basket full of life

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our home

Kassi's weekly "Two things I love around my home" posts on her blog BacWoods Fern.
I think it would be fun to join her, take a tour around my home that is soon to not be my home, sniff sniff...as I move to the country. It is very sad but bitter sweet. I love the house that we created into our home. There is so many things that I love about that I have no idea where to start. I love how bright and sunny the living room is, it sold me on the house when I first walked in. It felt so warm and cozy. i love the beautiful deck my husband built with his two hands, I love the gorgeous bath I have upstairs, it is my sanctuary away from chaos, I love the front porch perfect for a cup of tea and taking sunshine in the morning, I love the cherry blossom tree that I saw in full bloom from my bedroom while birthing London, I love the peach and apple tree that provided soooo much fruit that we didn't know what to do with it, I love the original 1913 wood siding we found under the metal stuff, I love the paint color we painted on the outside of the house ....
I will tell you a cute story.....
When Neal and I were about to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary we finally found a house that had "potential". It was hard NOT to find a crap shack in our price range,something that a young couple just starting out could afford. But finally this house was found and it had character...1913 old house, good bones, needed some love but did not deter us. We are handy people that love to fix up and I love a good challenge. So we put in an offer, it was excepted! We signed the papers, then that night after feeling a little feeling in the back of my head, I took a pregnancy test. It was positive(with Roman)! We became home owners and soon to be parent's in one night. I remember toasting sparkling apple juice on the floor in the empty living room of our new house right after we got the keys. Scared and excited for the new adventures about to start in this old house. We have lived here for almost 5 years, had three children with my two girl's born in this old house, celebrated many parties under it's roof, created many memories inside... It has been loved and will be missed as we now travel to our new adventure at country house. Then I can tell you about all the NEW things I love about my new home.
I will leave you with some pictures of my lovely home that we did all the work on. I have been a labour of love for Hubby and I.
 
Pre-reno's
 

                                                               After
 
Hallway


Living Room


Kitchen


Main bathroom


Esme's Room


Roman's room


Master bedroom


 
Master bath, dreamy...

  
My sweet front porch


Back deck

Back yard
Disclaimer.... Hubby is a tile setter by trade, hence the mass amount of tiling all over the house. And I am a bit obsessed with Paris...hence all the Eiffel towers....
xoxo Lexylou

11 comments:

Fallon said...

This house is amazingly charming! You guys did a wonderful job, I would be sad to leave it too!

Organic Girl said...

Your house is lovely. It looks a little bit like I house my sweetie and I viewed when we were shopping for a house about 3 years ago (only WAY nicer). Beautiful work guys. Hope your new house is just as lovely :)

my name is lauren. said...

your house is so pretty!

i love the outside the most though. the colors are so cute...and is it weird that one of my very favorite things are the house #'s? is it weird that i even noticed that? well...i did. they're cute :).

Aly G - money gal said...

I love the before and after! It really is a lovely house.

lexylou said...

Thanks ladies! I will for sure be shedding some tears when we finally say goodbye. Lauren you are too funny, but it is true, I notice house number's too, it took me awhile to find ones I liked. But the neat thing about the 654 is that Roman's birthday is the 4 day of the 5th month on the 06th year... Fate, I think so. Now our new number's are 1030, What can we make of those?

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

Oh my gosh, can I come live with you??? Seriously, your house is absolutely gorgeous. I mean, I can't even put into words how much I love it! I love all the chandeliers and the light & airy colors! BEAUTIFUL!

Olivia Carter said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely house. Want to come do mine?

I love tile too. LOVE. IT.

Elyse said...

what a lovely house!!!!!!! when can i move in? ;-)

Keely said...

Your house is absolutely dreamy!

So pretty!

Kassi said...

i am in love with your house! how do you keep it so clean and white with three kids running around? you're amazing!
and how did i miss this post until today... jeez, i'm behind...

lexylou said...

Thanks Kassi,
I have a mild OCD to cleaning, so when the kids nap I clean... and clean and clean.... I am like I never stopped the crazy nesting cleaning while nine month's pregnant. It just stayed. You know how you have to always have to have clean sheet's, that is like me with my removable sofa cover, it get's washed A LOT...