little bit handmade, little bit creative, little bit beautiful, little bit inspiring, little bit ramblings, ... little basket full of life

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The evilness of JUICE


So, my son Roman has Celiac. Which means that he is very intolerant to gluten..... which is a protein found in wheat and wheat product's. Google it. I suck mucho at describing it.
Where am I going with this? Well Roman was diagnosed with Celiac about two years ago and he is still healing from the damage to his intestines and such. They say it can take up to 5 years to heal and repair back to normal. Frigg'n LONG time....
POINT, YES Roman has been really sensitive to refined sugars and JUICE. Basically he turn's into a crazy ape child hyped up on caffeine pills, maybe about 6 caffeine pills with like 4 Red Bulls on the side. CRAZY. Soooooo needless to say I give the kids no juice, he doesn't ask for it. Just H2O for this little man.
On the weekend we go to visit my Dad who we haven't seen for a while, as he lives pretty far from us. A ferry ride plus a couple hours of driving. All I can say is thank the LORD for my DVD player. My Dad, being a sweet and doting Grandpa bought the kids treats(crazy sugar treats) not knowing that I do not give them any such things at home. He was feeding them to R&E every time I turned my back. Then asking if they were thirsty, and then filling up their "water" cup's with JUICE.... You can see where this is going.
Very bad.
Very fast.
For a child that hardley ever get's sugery goodness, they went from sweet little angel's to JUICE FREAKS!!!!! Sugar high for about, oh, 5 days?! Now my friends, here is what makes the Mommy camels back break. After we get home safe and sound, away from the massive heat wave that hit all of our provenice, home with the now ever ridiculously whiney, psycoatic child that has a total melt down when I say no to juice or a treat( which are not even in my house) This happen every 10 minutes, he whines ever so loudly and camel back breakingly......

"I WANT JUICE MOMMA, TREAT TOO, I NEVER GET A TREAT,"

"No Roman, that hurts your tummy, and makes you act crazy, which makes Mommy crazy for dealing with a crazy Roman"......
This follow's by him dropping to the floor and cunvulsing in a fit of sugar deprival. AWESOME.
Are you jealous yet of me and my super cool kid? Yep, I though so! Just Rad.
But, alas there seems to be a light at the end of the sugary tunnel. He has stopped for at least half of today asking for "it", it must not be named aloud, kinda like..Voldemort...eepp I said his name. Not even spelling it out, he learns quick with the devil juice in him giving him power/
Lesson to this story, feed you kids juice all the time, and some sugar treat's on the side and then they will always be used to the evil sugar and not have the withdraws that my son is going through.... It's Rough.

No comments: